Inspiring – quite the word, isn’t it? I’m not quite sure that’s the best word to describe myself…but who am I to argue with pikenight? (Tomorrow – pay you then).
To become deserving of this award, my dishonorable self must:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. (Booyah)
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. (Certainly)
3. State 7 things about yourself. (Seven? Isn’t that a bit egocentric?)
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. (With pleasure)
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements. (I suppose…I could do that.)
Seven Things About Me:
1) I once had a goldfish named Pinkerton, who leapt from his bowl to go exploring. His adventures ended in the heating vent. True story.
2) In my high school days, I typically spend much of math class wondering – “Why in the world did Travis give Ruth x amount of apples? Was this some rudimentary form of courtship? And really..apples was the best you could do, pal?” (Side note: X was often my grade)
3) I am a long-avowed enemy of Sir Walter Scott. The way “Ivanhoe” ended…no. You did not just say dat. The fair Rowena screamed in a tower. Rebecca saved his life. Guess which one got chosen? Thank you, Sir Walter Scott.
4) I get a juvenile joy out of doing random accents. However, my English easily transitions to Australian, and my Scottish to Irish…” ‘ow would yer like to give it a go, mate? Me accent is after bein’ quite a bonnie one, och?” And that’s on me best days.
5) I am the eldest of 8, and an accomplished (see: hardened, calloused, Mary Poppins/Attila the Hun) babysitter.
6) My dream is to become a published author (I have not planned much further than that, honestly – true mark of an aspiring writer. No plan B)
7) I think blogging is the bomb-diggity. A captive audience who is easily amused? Yes.
Nomination of 15 other (much more deserving) bloggers:
7) Mere Inkling
Wow. At the beginning of this list, I had no idea that so many of you had visited, liked, or commented on my blog, but as I re-read through it, I found you. Each and every one of you that encouraged me. Offered different insights. Or just laughed along.
Thank you. All of you.